Flakie’s Page for the Fire TV Stick 4K
I am a big fan of the 4K hardware but not so much on the Amazon launcher and some of their other software.
The only Amazon apps I use are Amazon Music, Amazon Photos and Prime Video, though I am not particuarly fond of the apps for these.
For this reason I have been using alternative Launchers for some time.
My favourite launcher at the moment is Wolf Launcher (but I have tried many different ones).
The Firestick 4K can have the bootloader unlocked.
This opens up lots of extra possibilites for the 4K including root access for it.
Root access has made it possible to disable or complety remove the Amazon Launcher (which is what I prefer to do).
Use the Firestick 4K menu above to explore how to unlock and root the 4K and how to install a custom launcher.
The Video Tutorials contain instructions to unlock, root and then delete the Amazon launcher.
Thanks and Credits
My Firestick 4K pages could not exist without the generosity and skills of a great many people in the programming community.
My own app (Flakie’s ABD GUI ) would never have seen the light of day if it were not for the help and coding advice I got from more experienced developers.
This section is dedicated to those who go out of their way to provide us with code that enable us to make our firesticks (and other devices) so amazing.
This is my personal thank you to them for making their code available to all (feel free to visit their project pages and please give them thanks).
In no particular order I give thanks to:
- xda Senior Member, xyz – For discovering the bootrom exploit that allows us to use the full capabilites of our 4K firesticks.
xyz Member Profile and Project URL
- xda Senior Member, k4y0z – For working with xyz to bring us kamakiri, the code that takes advantage of the bootrom exploit.
k4y0z Member Profile and Project URL
- xda Senior Recognized Developer, topjohnwu – For the Magisk Root app and the Magisk Manager app.
topjohnwu Member Profile and Project URL
- xda Senior Member, 0815hoffi – For the code that has allowed us to remove the Amazon Launcher.
0815hoffi Member Profile and Project URL
- xda Member, TheRealQubix – For the FTVLaunchX app that allows us to replace the Amazon Launcher with a launcher of our choice.
TheRealQubix Member Profile and Project URL
- xda Senior Member, cgutman – For the Remote ADB Shell app that allows us to set the permissons needed for FTVLaunchX.
cgutman Member Profile and Project URL
- xda Senior Member, tsynik – For the AFTV Magisk Module, although no longer fully using it, it did provide the useful apps, LeanKey Keyboard, File Explorer and the fun Yo Window.
tsynik Member Profile and Project URL
- Github coder, rom1v – For the excellent scrcpy remote control app.
rom1v Member Profile and Project URL
- Several members of stackoverflow who answered my coding questions when I was first learning C#.
Without all the help I had on C# coding there (and other languages since and before), Flakie’s ADB GUI (and some of my other projects) may never have seen the light of day.
In no particular order I would like to thank the following members for their invaluable help (and apologies for any I may have missed off the list):
Lex Li Member Profile
Alb Member Profile
Diado Member Profile
Broots Waymb Member Profile